In addition to training opportunities outlined within this brochure, Governors can commission school based or cluster based development opportunities that support them in their roles. Governor training packages include any 3 training programmes identified for Governors within this brochure, plus 2 school based/bespoke sessions as part of the ‘clerking, advice and support’ SLA or access to all identified centre based training
sessions and 1 school based/bespoke session, when signed up to the ‘comprehensive’ SLA package.
Please see below suggested list of school/cluster based development opportunities available, which will be delivered by either Governor Service or other Local Authority officers:
- Preparation for Ofsted, to include Governors role in school self-education, school improvement planning and leadership and management
- Tracking and Monitoring Pupil Progress, including the effective use of Pupil Premium
- Behaviour for Learning
- Health and Safety and Emergency Planning
- Pay Policy, Performance Related Pay and Performance Management/Appraisal
- Effective Learning Environments and the importance of Learning Walks
- How to become a Dyslexia Friendly School or an ASD Friendly School
Additional training opportunities available to Governors are identified within the Governors section.